- 1 cup rice or rice noodles
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 2 medium carrots peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons liquid aminos may use soy sauce if preferred
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 block tofu cut into cubes
- Cook rice as indicated on package, set aside.
- Cut veggies into pieces that are uniform in size and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add oil and allow to become hot; about 1 minute. Carefully toss in veggies and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat if veggies begin to burn; continue to saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Add sesame oil and garlic; stir and saute for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- If using chicken or tofu, place cooked veggies into a dish. Using the same skillet, add a tablespoon more of olive oil and heat over medium. If cooking chicken, add to skillet and cook until no longer pink; 6-7 minutes. If cooking tofu, add to skillet and cook until golden; 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add veggies and rice to skillet; toss together with liquid aminos. Serve immediately.