After a hard morning workout, this lemon balm smoothie is my way to start off the day, and since my kids love it too, we sometimes split it for a great afternoon snack!
It is hot outside in most parts of the country during this month and the next few to come. During the hot months, I love my lemon and mint infused water and I absolutely love my berries since this is their season. Have you ever tried lemon balm leaves? They are so amazing and are a wonderful way to add intense lemon taste to smoothies, water and savory sauces.
Lemon Balm Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup, vanilla, non-sweetened almond milk (or whatever you prefer)
- Serving of vanilla drink mix (My preference of course is Juice Plus Complete since it is all natural and whole food based! yum!!)
Mix this in a blender and gradually add:
- handful of raw spinach (rinsed and dried)
- fresh lemon balm leaves (maybe 5-6, depending on size and how lemony you prefer!)
- fresh mint leaves
- sprinkling of cinnamon
Mix then add to consistency liking:
- frozen banana, chopped (Once a banana starts to brown, it gets nice a sweet! So this is the best time to peel it, wrap in foil, place in a freezer safe zip-lock bag, and store it in the freezer for the next time you want an amazingly creamy fruit drink!!)
- frozen blueberries
Mix, then pour into a fun glass, decorate with a few frozen berries on top and a sliced red strawberry on the glass rim!! Oh and why not add a twirly straw that you may typically use for the kids!! LOL!!
Oh yes, one more thing when using lemon balm leaves as opposed to lemons: it is so much cleaner than the mess a juiced lemon could cause.
Check out my site for more amazing information regarding Juice Plus Complete!
Oh, on a side note, many times my measurements are a bit off since I make them to my personal flavor… ENJOY!
Lemon Balm Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened (or any milk product)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein mix (My personal preference is Juice Plus+ complete)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 5 medium lemon balm leaves (juice of 1/2 lemon and some zest)
- 3 medium mint leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium frozen banana
Toss everything in a blender and mix until smooth. If a thicker consistency is desired, add a few ice cubes and blend again.