We have been making smoothies since before the kids were even conceived so I have been trying combination after combination for some time. I remember giving them green smoothies when they were around a year old each, where I would simply add spinach, water and a variety of frozen fruit. Talk about devour! The past few weeks I have been getting daily requests for this peanut butter and jelly smoothie.
I have always loved peanut butter. As a matter of fact, I was recently visiting with my Aunt and reminiscing about how she was the first one who had shown my brothers and I how to grab a spoon and dig right into the jar. Yum! And now, with all the varieties of nut butters, that has just gotten worse for me. (super big L.O.L)
My kids are just as in love with peanut butter as I am, but my husband can’t stand it. What? Someone who hates peanut butter? That’s ok because that just means more for us.
One other addition to my smoothies in the last few months has been chia seeds. It adds a whole new dimension on the creaminess. Sounds odd because they are seeds but since they provide some amazing healthy fats, they add a creamier texture. I was pleasantly surprised when my son had not complained because of the seeds -I always have to buy seedless jellies and jams for him. My daughter, well she just loves it when I use blackberries since it gives the smoothie a beautiful purple color.
Loaded with protein and antioxidants, I am all for this smoothie everyday! I hope you’ll give it a try! They sure love it!
The Best Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- 1 cup milk your fav milk beverage
- ¾ cup blackberries raspberries, blueberries, whatever berry!
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter creamy is my fav!
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder Juice Plus+ Complete is what I always use for kids. You can find it in my store.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place ingredients into high powered blender and mix well. Add ice and continue to blend until you have reached your desired consistency. Grab the cute glass and serve right away!