It’s more than just a blog. Learn why!
I understand life as a busy mother.
Today, in 2021, my 2 kids are 15 & 13 years old. I am contracted with a clinic in the field of substance use disorder recovery. At this point I am also (semi) homeschooling due to the current pandemic and growing another part of my business as a blogger and nutrition consultant.
So, yeah. I too am a busy mom.
Through this community, I will be here to guide you, offer advice, help you to plan a healthy lifestyle with
I will be your ear when you are struggling to continue even when you’re exhausted and still need to finish cleaning up the dinner mess and walk the dog.
I will be the one who happens to send that email just as you are about to raid the chocolate because your kiddos are fighting with one another…again!
I will be the voice reminding you that you are amazing, beautiful, empowering and able.
Let’s work together!
Hey there! I’m Jackie Vega and I would like to thank you for stopping by. Pull up a chair (or if you’re like me, a stability ball) and let’s hang out for a bit.
The Wellness Solution. What is it? Simply stated, this is my place to gather my thoughts, ideas, tips and strategies for YOU! Most importantly it is OUR place to get to know each other so be sure to say HI!
I work with time starved mommas who are TOTALLY over dieting and ready for a health and lifestyle change that BECOMES their new lifestyle. I will give you the tools to look + feel radiant in your OWN skin. I will show you how to get exactly what YOU want, physically + mentally.
As a professional, who am I?
- I am a personal trainer and a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
- I am the podcast host of The Busy Moms Kitchen
- I am an expert in meal plans and meal prep
- I am a dietitian working in the substance use disorder recovery population
- I am formerly, the Meal Plan Developer for Super Healthy Kids.
- I am formerly an expert contributor for WatchFit.com , HealthBeet.org , and HealthInsiders.com
As a woman, mother, wife, who am I?
When I’m not sharing recipes, recording podcasts, meal planning or designing your new program, I can be found reading in bed with my kiddos, relaxing oceanside with my family or hanging out poolside enjoying a glass of prosecco. I love to spend time with those I love and who love me back…and I may also be found hanging from a tree once in awhile!
If you’re just dying to know more, (and I’m pretty sure you are)…
- I grew up in a small town in upstate New York (ever heard of Hastings, N.Y.?)
- As a child, I used to watch my mother do her Jane Fonda 20 minute workout nearly EVERY morning. (Hmmm…maybe an influence?)
- I have been an avid exerciser since the age of 17 after I was diagnosed with asthma.
- I like to meditate in the middle of the day if I need a mental break before switching tasks.
- I went to Contemporary School of Cosmetology right after high school. So yes, I was a licensed cosmetologist and I am a still a personal stylist to my kiddos and hubby.
- I do my own nails because I love to.
- I am in love with flamingos & palm trees…and secretly would LOVE to have a flamingo roaming my back yard.
- My favorite time of day is the morning, just before the sun starts to rise.
- My craving desire is to wake up on the water everyday and our move to South Florida late 2013 was my first step towards that soon-to-be LIVE dream.
- One more just to make it an even ’10’…I broke my right, middle finger the summer before I was to enter Jr. High school…while playing on a slip-n-slide.